Download Your Software Update Today
MetroWAND™ Product Overview
MetroWAND is a network planning/design platform for SONET/SDH and WDM technologies. As a network-modeling tool, MetroWAND is used to simulate various network configuration scenarios, routing methods, failure scenarios, and traffic load analysis. MetroWAND may also be used to obtain various statistics like system utilization, wavelength utilization, throughput rates, and equipment capacity.
During the capacity design stage, the software creates an optical ring, it grooms the traffic into optical channels, assigns wavelengths, and places Optical Add Drop Multiplexers (OADM).
- Uses cost-optimization algorithm to locate WDM or SONET ring networks by considering equipment, topology, and traffic.
- Considers any transport rate including gigabit Ethernet, SONET/SDH, and user-defined rates.
- Can handle large network data, 100s of COs, 100s of Rings, and 100,000s of Demands.
- Vendor-neutral tool.
- Flexible equipment models enable evaluation of different technology.
- Mesh Routing and Restoration.
- Intuitive GUI.
- Design and optimization of UPSR, 2-fiber BLSR , 4-fiber BLSR, SNCP, and MSSP rings.
- Optical channel performance simulations and placement of amplifiers and regenerators.
- Obtain the minimum network cost by optimizing fiber, structure, cable, amplifier, and regenerator usage along with ring ADMs.
- Model and analyze the existing rings together with planned rings as well as with new rings for the expansion of the network.
- Model multiple equipment types (ADMs, Cross-connects, and MSPPS) and design the network.
- Design and plan metropolitan mesh and ring networks.
- Capacity planning and optical layer performance simulation in one engine.
- Optical layer optimization by adding amplifiers, dispersion compensators and regenerators from OSNR and Q values.
- Quick validation of network design scenarios.
- Model next-generation SONET/WDM equipment.
- Model network growth scenarios.
- Determine hub locations and optimum cross-connect location.
- Partition the network into sub-networks and design core and access rings.
- Analyze disaster recovery under multi-failure scenarios.